You may register as an individual, join an existing team or form a new team. You can always change your mind later, so choose whichever option seems most likely now. If you are joining as an individual, skip the next two sections. If you've volunteered for previous giving days, please use the same username/login from a previous year. If you forgot your password, you can reset it yourself on the login page.
- Set your fundraising goal. $500 is the default but feel free to set a goal you can reach. You always have the ability to edit your goal at a later time.
- Next, you'll set up your personal information, username and password.
- Click Complete Registration. Congratulations – you’re registered! It’s time to move on to building your webpage.
Forming a Team:
- If you'd like to create a new team for your graduation year or alumni chapter, please email Alan Riddle at email@example.com after you complete registration. We will take care of this for you.
Joining a Team:
- Type your Team Name and click Search for a Team.
BUILD YOUR FUNDRAISING WEBPAGE
Once you have completed the registration process or logged into the site, you can build a fundraising webpage for collecting donations quickly and securely.
- You will be taken to Participant Center. From here, you can see all of your activity within the event.
- On the Personal Page tab, you can edit the text on your page. Making it personal and explaining why you support this cause will make donors more likely to give to your page.
- Be sure to Customizeyour web page link (for example, support.sbu.edu/bonawolf) to make sharing your fundraising website easy and fast.
- You may choose between displaying a photo or a video. From the right column, choose Photos/Video. Browse to choose a photo from your computer, or select the Video button and paste a YouTube link into the open field.
- You may preview your page if you wish. Be sure to click Save once you are ready to save your changes.
- If you are a team captain, you may follow the same steps on the Team Page tab to customize your team page.
- To edit your team's name click Edit from the right-hand column.
USE YOUR PAGE TO RAISE MONEY!
- You can post to Facebook directly from the your fundraising page. From your personal page, click the Facebook or button on the right side of the page. It will prompt you to log in, and you’ll have to allow the system access to post on your behalf. Follow the steps all the way through, and you will reach all of your connections in one fell swoop!
- From your Participant Center, the Email tab allows you to ask for donations through email in just a few clicks. Click Use a Template for one of our pre-written messages. We have created three templates for you: one to send as a save-the-date, one for soliciting donations and, one for thanking donors.
- If you would like to import your emails from an email client like Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail, click Choose from your contacts list underneath the To: field. Then click Import Contacts and choose your email client. You can also upload a .csv file if you have your contacts saved in an Excel document.
- In Compose Message, you can set your greeting, enter email addresses and customize the text in your email. Remember, the more personal the message, the more likely people will be to make donations!
- The system will automatically include a link to your page. Click the Preview button to see how it appears.
- Click Send to finish the process.
- In the right-hand column, you can see Sent messages and Drafts of the emails you have written through the system.
- You may find it easier to simply email your friends directly through your email client or even by text message. Simply share the custom URL you created for your page and encourage them to give!
- From the Progress tab, you can see the progress you’ve made toward your fundraising goal. You can also export an Excel file of your donors.
- Under Donation History, you can choose to turn Gift Notifications on or off (you'll receive these by email).
- You can change your contact info, username or password by clicking Profile from the very top of the Participant Center.
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE EVENT
From the links on the top of the page, you can learn more about #BonaGivingDay, get event details or make a general donation to the event (not credited to a participant).
DONATE TO A PARTICIPANT
- Once you have reached our event page, click the DONATE button (If you have received a direct link to the participant’s page, you can skip to step 3.)
- Enter the participant’s first and/or last name, then click Search. When their name appears, click on it to be directed to their fundraising page.
- Click the Donate Now button at the top right of the page. You will be directed to a form to fill out your personal, credit card and billing information. You will have the option to give anonymously if you would prefer that your name not show up on the participant’s Honor Roll.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I participated last year, but it won't let me log in.
Participants must register for each event in which they'd like to participate.
Can I register multiple people at the same time?
No. There is no way to send multiple registrations in under the same account. Each participant that you register must have their own email address and log-in information.
I can't log into my page.
From the login page, you may click "Forgot Username" or "Forgot Password" to have your password reset or emailed to you. If you are still unable to log in, please email us.
I need to change my team's name.
Log into your dashboard and click the Team Page tab. To edit your team's name, click Edit from the right-hand column.
How can I find my webpage link?
If you have set up a friendly URL, simply log into your Participant Center. Your link will be on the Personal Page tab just above your Title. If you did not set up a friendly URL, set one by clicking Customize.
How can I set up a friendly URL?
A personalized link for your webpage makes it easier to share with friends and family. For example, support.sbu.edu/BonaWolf. This can be done during registration. If you did not set one up during registration, simply log into your Participant Center and click the Personal Page tab. From there, you can Customize the friendly URL to use for your personal and team fundraising webpages.
How can I post my page to Facebook?
Visit your webpage, then select the Facebook button on the right side. It will prompt you to log in, and you’ll have to allow the system access to post on your behalf. Follow the steps all the way through, and you will reach all of your connections in one fell swoop! For more detailed instructions on connecting to Facebook please click here.
I want to update my fundraising goal.
Log into your Participant Center and select the Progress tab. Underneath My Goal, click Change. Select Team from the right-hand column to update your Team's goal.
I registered as an individual, but now I want to start or join a team.
Please email us with your name, and the name of the team you'd like to create/join.
I need to update my address, phone number or email address.
Log in, and then up at the top, it should say Welcome, Name! That is actually a link to your profile. Click that and you'll be able to edit your biographical info.
Why does it say "unsecure" at the top of the page?
http pages are not secure, while https pages are. Most of the pages within our fundraising sites do not contain sensitive information, therefore, they are not secure (https). However, once you get to the register or donation form, you’ll notice that it changes to https at the top and the “unsecure” warning goes away. Your information is fully protected.