Welcome to The Class of 92 #BonaGivingDay23 Page!
92 will always be with you!
ignite. inspire. invest.
Welcome to the St. Bonaventure Class of 1992 #BonaGivingDay23 page!
We can all agree that having the privilege and making the decision to attend SBU was one of the best decisions we ever made. Our lives are forever changed because of that decision as it put a series of events in place that forever shaped our lives, both personally and professionally. I know from speaking with so many of you at our class reunions, on social media or at an alumni chapter event, that St. Bonaventure University is something we all hold near and dear to our hearts. The friendships made have endured. The education we received allowed us to prosper and the Franciscan values of equality, civility, caring, responsibility, accountability, and respect have been guide posts throughout our lives since we walked the halls of Plassmann.
Bestcolleges.com recently released a report outlining the many challenges Universities such as St. Bonaventure face post-covid and in the years to come:
1. Enrollment declines: The population of eligible students has declined significantly and will continue to decline for the next several years
2. Rising costs can make colleges unaffordable and many students rely on scholarships, atheltic assistance or financial aid to attend schools like St. Bonaventure
3. Student debit concerns
4. Many smaller colleges are closing or merging
5. Public opinion on the value of higher education is at a record low
Here is the GOOD NEWS: St. Bonaventure has been fortunate! Alumni support continues to drive new students and financial assistance to both the University and to prospective students. That is what makes St. Bonaventure special and, in my opinion, the best kept secret in higher education!
#BonaGivingDay23 is your way to help new students and the overall university meet the growing demands outlined above. How can you help?
1. The amount you contribute is not as important as the fact that you donate! Anything and everything is appreciated!
2. You can set SBU in our online bill payment for a monthly deduction. This allows SBU to better forecast what donations will come in monthly/annually and SBU is asking Alumni to consider this option
3. Being a top donor is as simple as a cup of coffee. Did you know Men spend about $2,327 per year on coffee, while women spend about $2,078 each year? While I know people love coffee, we all love St. Bonaventure more (or as much for the truly dedicated coffee drinkers). Donating a portion of your "coffee" to SBU can change lives and allow students to have an experience and opportunity to forever change their lives - both personally and professionally! For the cost of a coffee, you can change the lives of prospective students and future Bona Alumni!
4. Did you know that you can Venmo SBU a donation on giving day (or any other day) at @Bonasgiving?
5. Last year, the class of 1992 won the alumni challenge (thanks to all). Our goal for #BonaGivingDay23 is to win by having the largest number of participants of any class.
Thank you in advance for remembering SBU on #BonaGivingDay23. On behalf of the Alumni Council’s Advancement committee, we appreciate your time, generosity and dedication to St. Bonaventure!
2 - Edward Garry ($1,175.00)
3 - Pete Gigliotti ($1,001.00)
4 - Lisa Gill ($850.00)
5 - Richard Fox ($750.00)
6 - Emily Ciraolo ($615.00)
7 - Julie Curran ($400.00)
8 - Michael Christini ($350.00)
9 - Amy McCorry (Rumschik) ($300.00)
10 - Kathleen Major ($275.00)
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.